1 hour filming task

Final cut:



For this task we were first given a list of qualities that we thought were most important to us. These were:

  • editing, 
  • find a cast, 
  • filming
  • think of an idea/plot.

I chose editing as I found this the most easy and entertaining part of making the film. Other people from the class obviously chose different things due to their personal preference, they were then assigned different roles depending on their choice.  We were given full responsibility to come up with the ideas, find the cast, film the clip and then finally edit it all in one hour!
This was rather challenging as it meant I had to use footage that I had never seen before, with a plot that I did not know about, to quickly edit the footage to a decent short film. The editing meant I could freely manipulate the video but this then meant there was some pressure on me to edit it to the preference of everyone involved. Keeping this in mind, I used adobe premiere pro to help aid the editing of the clip as it was reasonably reliable and easy to add effects/overlays that would ultimately make the footage a little more professional. I also used other sites like you tube converter to convert video files to mp4 songs. I actually used the song "sound of silence" by simon and Garfunkel which matched the genre of the film accurately. Throughout the editing process I used techniques that I had learnt from previous editing to make the film of a better quality. This involved, using fading, adding text, changing the colour scheme black and white and also changing sound volume. These effect were all rather quick to do but they are not to the standard I would have liked had I made it on my own. Furthermore, the black and white effect really makes the film more serious and gives a somewhat melancholic mood to the film which is relevant to the style I was after.


0 comments:

Post a Comment